Saturday, March 14, 2009

Mark Sorley

I couldn't believe my eyes,
when I saw his name.
Mark Sorley! It had to be!
It was, one and the same!
-
I was fifty eight years old,
and my heart began to pound.
I was once again a teen-aged girl
whose feet never touched the ground.

-
I'd had such a crush on him.
I'd listen all night long.
No matter the record he played,
it was always my favorite song.
-
So you remember disc jockeys?
Back when we listened to radio?
And here he was in my motel!
Mark Sorley! The hit of the show!
-
I wanted to meet the idol
of my teen-age years.
How would I act when I saw him?
Would I giggle, or burst into tears?
-
I waited around to meet him,
'til almost half-past-ten.
When I saw him I got giddy,
remembering way back when.
-
It was great to talk to him,
about the days gone by.
He came in looking old and tired,
and left with a twinkle in his eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment