Tuesday, February 16, 2010

All My Children

I think I finally figured out
the reason for my birth.
I once thought having children
would give my life some worth.
But God, in all His wisdom,
would only give me one,
(and I thank Him daily
for the gift of my son.)
I then thought foster children
would fulfill my life,
but found I couldn't be both
foster mom and wife.
I spent years in mourning
the kids, not mine to love,
and finally inspiration came
from my Father's house above.
I started with a journal
just to set my feelings free,
and that turned into
writing lots of poetry.
Portals and Penny~A~Liner
are two of my offspring.
The others are the writers
which into my life they bring.
My children are now spread
to the corners of the earth.
And the publication of their works,
at last, validates my birth.
I believed there was a reason
that I had come to be.
I'm glad it's something
I enjoy, like sharing poetry.

No comments:

Post a Comment